For the purchase of our house in East Ledang, we used the service of Ms. Lau Lee Jan from Tay & Partners.
Since we were new to this whole process and area, we asked for contact of reliable lawyer from a neighbour.
Here's the rough legal process we went through (Bear in mind that we bought a sub-sale unit):
- Loan application (through UOB Malaysia)
- Offer to purchase
- Title deed search
- Quit rent and Assessment checks from vendor
- Confirmation of loan
- Sale & Purchase Agreement (SPA)
- State Authority Consent application - estimate time is 3 to 4 weeks earliest
- Transfer to be adjudicated by the stamp office (estimate time is 3 to 4 weeks earliest)
- SPA allowed us to complete purchase within 3 months from getting the Approval
- Once State Authority approved, complete loan discharge
- Vendor's existing loan to be discharged
- Exchange of keys
- Building inspection checklist
The entire process took est. 6 months due to many delays from the vendor. The legal fees (including Levy, lawyer fees etc) cost est. RM65K.
I'm super glad that this is over and am happy to be the legal owner of our house now :)
We're happy with the services provided by Tay Partners and we found them to be quick to respond and trustworthy.