There is still much for Iskandar Malaysia to do if it is to fully achieve success.
The three areas of focus now are on making sure that:
(1) the planning and delivery model works;
(2) that safety and security is ensured; and
(3) that Iskandar's economic and regulatory framework remains independent, with consistent policies in place for the region to achieve long-term confidence and success.
My take on making it achieve full success:
- Ensure safety and security (most crucial) of residents and businesses in this area
- Provide highly skilled professionals and labour...case & point, house building & construction for example
- Ensure developers follow standards of maintaining its properties
- Improves customer service standards of both public and private sectors, make life easier in general, e.g. customer service of TM & TnB to help customers instead, be responsive and responsive.
Last but not least, DO NOT roll out the fingers scan immigration system and create 5 hours jam at causeways again :)
Giving Iskandar a compelling edge - October 20, 2011