Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Frustration in dealing with Interior Designers & contractors

I guess this is not a surprise to anyone who's built/renovated houses in Malaysia. With things constantly falling behind schedule and many many many things not being done properly, I am very close to a point of despair and our dream house design seems soooooo far away. Please please be super careful when selecting your interior designer(s).

I'm glad that we've not recommended our Interior designers to anyone. In fact, I'd strongly suggest to never engage services of Ray Mak & Alien (partners).

I am considering finding another contractor to finish the job, so if you know of any trustworthy and reliable contractors, please drop me a note. Thanks in advance!

Frustrated,
Erika

5 comments:

  1. Hi Erika, my name is Zoe. I'm living in Taipei right now but my family is back in Singapore and JB. My dad is an architect and my uncle has a firm in JB. I think they could help you if you're interested :) I came across your blog when I google how to bring my pet to JB from Singapore actually. I might be moving back soon and will be bringing my 7 cats and dogs with me :)

    This is my email: zoe521@gmail.com drop me a msg if you're still looking for a contractor. Think my uncle can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika,

    For plaster ceiling, you may consider John (019-7627387).
    I am appreciative of their workmanship by his team and speed of work, consider how they expeditiously completed both my units then.

    I dont have contact of ID.
    Let me know if you also need contact for contractor/supplier of kitchen cabinet, electrician, curtains.
    Hope this helps.

    Cheer up!
    Fabian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Fabian and Zoe for the quick replies. We have decided to give our current contractors 1 more week to finish up the major work, so we will see how this goes. Wish me luck!

    By the way, who would you recommend to fix and complete cabinets, Rj45 Cat5e termination cabling and for local removalists? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am into classical design and our company supply high end wooden trimmings for interior decoration. My house currently under renovation and have reliable contractor who is specialized in classical design, another specialized in false ceiling, and another specialized in tiles and marbles.

    Maybe you would like to like this facebook at www.facebook.com/truffulasdnbhd

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for the best interior designers in Singapore? We have listed cheap interior design firms of Singapore according to rating, so you can choose highest rated interior designers for your new home.

    Best Interior Designers in Singapore

    ReplyDelete