Sunday, August 14, 2011

Interesting Restaurant in Johor: George & Dragon cafe



Interesting name and decor...that was the first thought that came to my mind about this restaurant.

After weekend of cleaning and house work, we took some time and went for a nice dinner with our lovely neighbour. We decided to try the George & Dragon Cafe which is located at No 1 & 3 Jalan Glasier, Taman Tasek, 80200, Johor Bahru.

George and Dragon cafe is a little medieval England in JB. You will dine in a nice cosy envinroment which is surrounded by genuine English artefacts, including; suits of armour, knives, maps and shields. They have done a great job at making you feel like you are back in England, visiting some castles!




We ordered soups (asparagus & mushroom), ribeye steak, crispy chicken in pepper sauce, rosemary lamb and mushroom sauce lamb. This restaurant's specialty is steak, but since I do not eat beef, I had cream asparagus (soup of the day) and crispy chicken. The cream asparagus was OK, not superb, but I liked the crispy chicken. Everyone seems to like their food as well. Each main course cost 25-30RM on average.



Though a bit pricey, this restaurant is a nice getaway for western food, hence, I'm sure that we'll be going back again for weekends meals once in a while.

6 comments:

  1. i'm intrigued! will check it out when i go and visit my mom in JB... probably next year.

    yati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika, your blog is truly informative! We wanted to know theprocedures that SGPR needs to do. I'm sorry but I didn't receive your email regarding my query. Please resend to maconcepcionreyes@yahoo.com. Would you know how much is the minimum amount of property that foreigners should purchase in Johor?TY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yati, thanks for reading my blog. Next year is still a long time away! :)

    Hi Dangnycon, I've dropped you an email, so pls feel free to email me.

    Have a great weekend,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a long time away!! but i'm in London! :( but hopefully i might need your expertise on buying properties in JB as a foreigner as i might be taking up British citizenship... not by choice... a long story...

    have a good weekend to you too.
    yati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erika, just found your blog. I would like to email you but can't find your email address. Could I have your email address please, mine's tanecarol@yahoo.com. Thanks heaps! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yati, good luck with your British citizenship, hope everything is going well for you.

    Hi Carol, thanks for reading my blog. I've emailed you, so pls feel free to ask me questions.

    Have a great weekend everyone,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete